What Is The Prevention And Treatment Of H1N1?
H1N1 Virus, commonly known as Swine Flu, is a contagious disease that primarily originates in pigs and spreads among humans. The H1N1 Virus infected millions worldwide, causing a pandemic in 2009.
Due to the highly contagious and harmful effects of swine flu, the World Health Organisation worked on providing medications like antiviral prescriptions, annual flu shots etc. In current scenarios, proper medical assistance is available to regulate the symptoms of infection. However, the side effects caused by the flu could affect the immune system and pose a higher risk in kids and older adults. To avoid any mishaps, we advise proper prevention methods and treatments for the Swine Flu Virus.
Prevention Method For The H1N1 Virus
Taking care of your lifestyle, food and hygiene is the best way to prevent any viral infection. Other ways to keep an eye on swine flu are –
- Maintain hygiene; use sanitiser or wash hands at regular intervals.
- Look after the early symptoms, which include – fever, cough, sore throat, chills, runny nose, fatigue, nausea etc.
- Avoid eating meat during monsoon; ensure that all the pork products you are eating are well cooked.
- Stay away from people infected with swine flu or any other cough & cold infection.
- In case of any symptoms, rush to the nearest doctor and avoid direct contact with other individuals.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with dirty hands.
- Stay at home if you are feeling sick.
- Eating from the same spoon, cup, or straw could be infectious; avoid them altogether.
Apart from following these preventive methods, ensure you get an early diagnosis and start the treatment as soon as possible.
Treatment Methods For The H1N1 Virus
Once infected with the Swine Flu Virus, it is better to manage the condition before it worsens. Treatment methods include –
- Focus on taking plenty of rest, and make sure you sit in a distant place and avoid sneezing or coughing without wearing a mask.
- Drink water and other fluids like fresh Coconut Water, Fruit Juice, Amla Juice, Giloy etc.
- Consult a doctor to get a better diagnosis of your problem.
- Let your doctor decide on a non-oily and easily digestible diet for you. Only eat freshly cooked food.
- There are some antiviral medicines, over-the-counter drugs, pills to reduce fever, etc.
Medical professionals usually prescribe medications that can cure and manage the disease properly. Also, taking annual flu vaccination is the method to control the H1N1 Virus.
When Is The Right Time To Visit A Doctor?
Most people often avoid consulting a doctor and trying to cure their flu with home remedies. Though they could sometimes be helpful, patients’ health must not be compromised. Atreum Hospital has a futuristic approach to curing different infections. Our experienced medical practitioners proudly work on providing affordable healthcare solutions. We cater to every economic class and are determined to take superior care of our patients.
We are readily available if you are suffering from any infection, chronic disease, emergency services, etc. We specialise in Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, Paediatrics, Neonatology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Surgery etc. Visit Atreum Hospital Today!